- Are you suffering from dizzy spells, loss of balance or nausea?
- Do you lack confidence with your balance?
- Do you have issues looking over your shoulder or rolling in bed?
- Is your weekly shop becoming more of an ordeal due to dizziness?
If so, you may be suffering from a vestibular disorder.
Many people experience minor dizzy spells in day-to-day life. However, some conditions can severely limit daily function, impacting on your quality of life.
What is the vestibular system?
The vestibular system is made up of the inner ear, the nerve tissue from the inner ear to the brain and the brain itself, helping to control balance and eye movements. Information is co-ordinated with the brain, the eyes and the muscles, to maintain balance and visual focus. A disruption to any of these tissues may cause dizziness, balance problems, nausea and vomiting.
What is vestibular rehabilitation therapy (VRT)?
Vestibular rehabilitation therapy is an exercise-based programme designed to improve the function of the central nervous system, in an attempt to correct inner ear imbalances. The primary goal is to re-train the brain to coordinate information from the balance organs in the inner ear, the eyes and the proprioceptive system (sensory receptors that are sensitive to stretch or pressure). This will help to build up a tolerance to the stimuli that are bringing on your symptoms, and will effectively reduce them. With certain conditions, for example, Benign Paroxsymal Positional Vertigo (BBPV), resolution can be expected within one session, however, with other conditions the rehab process may take several months.
Contact us today to book a vestibular assessment in Manchester or Warrington.
Benefits of vestibular physiotherapy
Helps with the following conditions
What the treatment involves
The first visit may last up to 90 minutes and will include:
- A full medical history evaluation, including symptom frequency, impact, intensity and triggers
- Balance and movement analysis
- Examination of the muscles and joints that may be associated with your symptoms
- Specific tests for the ears and eyes to determine the cause of your symptoms
- Hands-on treatment specific to your condition, including The Epley Manoeuvre, if appropriate to your condition.
- An individualised vestibular rehabilitation programme of specific exercises
- Discussion regarding self-management and future treatments
Don’t suffer these debilitating symptoms any longer! Contact us today for a free telephone consultation, or book an appointment and start your recovery process today.
How much does it cost?
- Initial Assessment – £80
- Follow up treatment – £45
What Our Clients Say
“… the experience & knowledge Craig possesses is excellent & fascinating…”
“… Craig & Mark have shown great knowledge and ingenuity in treating me. I’ve made massive progress so far thanks to them. It’s hard work but they are great motivators. I definitely recommend them. The results speak for themselves! ”
“Fully recommend these guys – they really know their stuff and are well worth the money. Creating an exercise/fitness scheme designed just for you and your pain/issue you really feel like you’ve been listened to.”
‘…another difference in this clinic is that they aim, where possible, to teach you to look after yourself so that you don’t become dependant on having treatments, this further exemplifies the focus on patient well being over any other agenda. Would highly recommend this clinic to anyone.”